1985 force 50hp 507x5a not peeing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river warrior

Reaction score
I've been rebuilding this motor for some time now and had everything good to go or at least I thought I did. The motor ran great with muffs and great in the lake just had some minor carb adjustment problems. I took the carb apart and cleaned it and when I did my next Ops check there wasn't any water coming out of the exhaust tube on the upper backside of the motor leg. In the past their was always water coming from this tube. I have gone through as much of the cooling system as I can without taking apart the power head. Everything looks great impeller is new and water pump is connected to the water line. The thermostat not there its just a empty socket where it should be and I'm not sure how long the motor has been running without it. I've done a lot of reading on forums and it's kinda confusing. The thermostat needs to be there but it missing shouldn't stop my cooling indication. I have also read that some of these old motors don't have tell tales. I'm wondering if mine might be one of those.

Attachments

• 20150920_152745.jpg
    20150920_152745.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 611
if you haven't burned up the pump here is a couple of suggestions.
If you have ear muffs with the plastic clamp....trash them
If you have ear muffs with the steel clamp, bend them tighter together
If you are testing in a drum, make sure the static water line is well above the physical pump location.

Check out this video. I think i will be helpful.

https://youtu.be/beykqxzwfxM

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Problem solved. It wasn't getting enough water. The wire muffs weren't giving it enough water they didn't seal very well and the bucket I was using seemed big enough but I guess not. I bought a taller bucket and it started peeing. I'm a little releaved and upset about this. I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. Oh well I have a taller bucket now.