Obsolete Parts Solution on a 1985 OMC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpalump

Reaction score
The outboard pee stream was weak on Monday. I thought it sucked up sand and leaves because I noticed the plastic screen behind the water inlet holes was bio degraded and cracked. It's basically a little plastic basket that sits inside the lower unit. Nobody online had it, not even eBay. The only thing I could find online was people looking for the same part. At this point the lower unit was already removed and I was going to fabricate a screen basket when it hit me. Call a local dealer. Bingo he had it. I went right over and picked it up along with a new impeller. The shop has been there for years and he said and he had all sorts of old parts. Been getting parts online and oil at Walmart for so long I forgot that back in the day local dealers stocked parts. I diagnosed it, bought parts and put it together in the same day. I wish I called him when I was scrounging trim motor parts all because Bombardier left us OMC outboard guys out in the cold.

[
9885f6.jpg
]

Latest posts