new to me motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be a very short trip if you are planning on running the original coils, etc. ...... jus' sayin!
Best to start out with a fresh set of coils and condensors, fuel lines, pump impeller, etc. at the bare minimum.
Run extra oil for a while as well and check your gear oil before and after. Check it after each trip for a while to make sure
your gearcase is sealed.

Thanks for the tips .Pulled the fly wheel today and checked the coils ,condenser, and points every thing looked brand new no cracking at all and tested ok. Pulled the carb and it was clean., gear oil was clean too. Will mix oil a little heavy and run it like breaking in a new motor. Was told it had less then 10 hours run time and it looks it.

Looks like a great example of my favorite motor. As the years have gone by, they're too heavy for me to horse around, but one of the classics.

Hope it works out well for you.

=D> =D> =D>

Sorry for got to mention I replaced the water pump impeller. The old one looked good but the ends were curled from sitting for so long. Ran it today in a tank purred Like a kitten when into gear fine , Thanks Pappy for all your help

Latest posts