5Hp Sea King from Wards Motor is by Clinton

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoorCoFisher

Reaction score
I am looking for info on this motor so i can get parts and repair it a year of manufacture would be great. I have the ID plate info here it is.

Model: XTV50555A
Serial 1584474
Type: K505 61 06 A

Go to www.aomci.org and to the "Ask a Member" section. They will be able to pinpoint the year of manufacture.
I do know that all of your tune up parts such as points condensors coils plug wire and caps plus carb kits and gearcase seals and water pump parts are available at any good Johnson/Evinrude dealer still.
If the engine was manufactured before 1964 the ratio for that engine will be a minimum of 24:1 and depending on the engine it may require 16:1 or 20:1. Does not matter that the oils are better these days. The engine will be a plain bearing engine (bushings instead of rollers) and has to have the extra oil.

thanks for the reply this is my first boat and motor I do alot of small engine repairs but that is mostly lawn and garden stuff never really worked on marine engines but want to learn. I also plan on completely reworking the boat with new seats and float pods so i can pass it down to my 10 year old when he gets older

Latest posts