Something doesn't seem right

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fowlgunner935

Reaction score
Hello, first post here. Iv been lurking and finally got a user name. I have a 1451 Polar kraft flat-bottom with a 2010 Nissan 30hp 4 stroke with 68 hrs. I took it out the other day and it seemed to be lacking. Now this was my first trip in the boat. Now for comparison I had a 1448 with a 2006 Mercury 25hp 2 stroke and it was almost scary fast at time. Both boats are Riveted and light weight. My 25hp ran a 4 blade Solaris and my 30 Nissan. Has a 3 blade stainless PowerTec. Does anyone have any idea what I should try or just accept the fast my new boat is slower? Speed isn't a huge deal but duck hunting the river sometimes the extra power is needed. Thanks

4 stroke vs 2 stroke. Lots of opinions on this discussion. You've got 50# extra on the transom that you can't move, but you can try redistributing some weight, or a different prop. Prop testing gets expensive unless you find some suitable props you can borrow or just test with a deposit down. 5hp is no alot, but 50# is a lot in that size boat. JMO