First time starting after winter mode?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

euroshowoff

Reaction score
So I have a 98' Force 40hp 2-stroke that unfortunately didn't get winterized because of a bad starter. I plan on siphoning all the old gas out and putting in some fresh gas before the season starts. Is there any additive that is recommended to help things run smoothly I can throw in?

I'd siphon out the gas like you said and then install a fuel/water separator if you don't already have one. The water will be at the bottom of the tank and it's unlikely you can get it all completely out. Another thing to do is to add some denatured alcohol to the tank after siphoning and try to swish it around, then siphon it out. It will help evaporate the remaining water. As far as additives go, I always just use Seafoam.

You also want to drain and remove your carb bowl and check for varnish. If you see a lot, you may want to do a carb cleaning before you take it to the lake.

i didn't get ti winterize my 9.9 either, it runs but barely does 12 mph .. ran 18 last year ..... anyway i went for plugs and seafoam, and they talked me into using mercury quickleen. its supposed to be good .. i got some seafoam to use if the mercury crap fails.

Latest posts