outboard wont lock in upwards position

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smidge

Reaction score
I have a 2006 mercury 15 hp outboard that will not lock in the upwards postion. (it did not do this when i first bought it) I have only taken the boat out once and i hit bottom with the motor, thinking my shallow drive was high enough when it wasn't (yea i learned my lesson the hard way really quick that day)

Do you have any suggestions on how i would go about fixing this issue?

This article has a few ideas to check out.. richg99
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engine-repair-and-maintenance/mercury-mariner-outboards/172287-merc-9-9-tilt-problem-won-t-stay-up

Mine doesn't have a problem staying in the upright position, the mechanism being talked about in that thread is just fine. but i thought if you put the motor into gear, when tilting it up would lock and stay there even if you used that mechanism on the side to tilt it down

Since you haven't received any answers, I think that we are not exactly clear what your question is.

" i thought if you put the motor into gear, when tilting it up would lock and stay there even if you used that mechanism on the side to tilt it down"

???????

richg99

Latest posts