Help with motor value

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fowlgunner935

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Nissan 30 hp 4 stroke EFI. With a stainless power tec prop and only 28 hours on it. All electric with internal battery. I'm thinking about upgrading to a 40 hp or maybe something I can build up. What kind of price should I ask?

I think 1,500-1,800 to someone local sounds fair
Average retail per NADA is $2,095 on that motor. And in my neck of the woods (Nor'east US) NADA values are historically 30-50% LOWER than what motors actually sell for via on the street retail prices.

FWIW I just sold a mint '97 vintage 40hp 2-stroke long-shaft for $1,600 with controls and could have sold 3 more if I had them ...

To me, for a newer 4-stroke, especially a Nissan, that OB is worth north of $2K all day long ...

But sure, I'll give you $1,500 for it :wink: !

2k all day in the north east and it'd be gone in a week no question. I payed 1800 for my Yamaha 25 4 stroke last year and I called within 15 minutes of the add being posted and bought it that day. Guy already had 4 other offers by the time I got there but luckily I was first in line. If it's got tilt and trim, I don't think even 2500 is out of the question. If have paid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk