What do you use under the cowling?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Wolf

Reaction score
I've been religious about flushing the motor after running in salt water. While getting ready for the season I was replacing the pugs and notice light corrosion on a number of metal components. Nothing major just that light oxidation you get on aluminum and other non steel metals.
What do folks use to combat this?

CRC, merc QuickSilver or OMC/Bombardier spray corrosion guard.

CAUTION -Some spray protectants like BoeShield T-9 actually have a wax-like substance in them to seal out the corrosive environmemt. But I have seen them gum up and inhibit proper movement of dynamic parts, e.g., solenoids or switches, causing them to stick!

Soap and water to remove the corrosion before you do anything. Keep it out of the top of the starter.
I use T9 BoShield at work. I re-apply to our regular customers every year. Nice thing about this is that
it does not leave a thick sticky film but it leaves enough on there to protect and it seems to help
prevent mud daubers from making nests as well. Apparently they do not like the slippery surfaces.

Latest posts