Need some prop and carb help on a 20hp mercury

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobeb

Reaction score
I have a 1993 20hp 2stroke merc that is currently running a aluminum 13 pitch prop and it's on a 1648 alumacraft flat bottom jon boat.The motor will get it,has awesome power so i believe i have the right prop on it.The question is i was thinking of going to a ss prop but i don't know for sure but i believe isn't the rule of thumb to drop a pitch going from aluminum to ss? How much increase in speed could i really get by switching to a ss prop also?Is it worth the extra $100.I know a ss prop will outlast an aluminum one by many yrs from what i have read.I could use i mean a hair bit more hole shot if i had to complain about anything i don't like but it's not that bad.I love the wot performance, i get near 30mph with close to 1000lbs in the boat,that is just amazing for a 24yr old outboard and a 20hp to boot.I am thinking of either staying with a new 13 ss prop or going to a 12.Any help would be awesome,thanks.I just want to know what to expect if i go either way up or down.Most of the time it will be just me or me and a friend so that is all the weight.

I was also just notified that the only difference in my 1993 20hp 2stroke merc and the 25hp is just the carb,seems like it's well worth an upgrade for a few hundred and gaining 20%wot speed and power.Plus it takes all of 5 minutes to unbolt and rebolt back on.The thing i'm not sure of is if i go with this what carb to get,there is wmc 31/32A and wmc 32,so which one do i get?

Latest posts