99 Lowe Roughneck /Johnson 50 HP issue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCountry14

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forumn. I have a 99 Lowe Roughneck, with a 50 hp Johnson. The boat was bought new by my grandfather and I got it about 3 years ago. The boat was almost never used, had maybe 15 hours on it. I put close to 40 on it last summer. Towards the end of the season, the alarm started beeping, and the entire alarm panel was lighting up intermittently. Wasnt really consistent. Sometime it happens, sometimes it doesnt. The VRO is using oil so I know that its using oil and thats not the issue. Ive read that the sensors tend to go bad, but I dont have the manual and Im not sure whwre the sensor is. Does any one have any suggests on what I should look at and where that sensor is?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Need a lot more information than that.
You should have an owners manual that your grandfather should have included with your package. Go find it.
There are several different alarms and several different sensors.......that's why we need more information.

Pappy said:
Need a lot more information than that.
You should have an owners manual that your grandfather should have included with your package. Go find it.
There are several different alarms and several different sensors.......that's why we need more information.
Dont have the manual. My grandfather died 8 years ago, the barn the boat was in burned to the ground not long before i got it. I just ordered a johnson repair manual. The entire panel lights up when the alarm beeps, oil pressure, engine temp and two others of which im not sure since im not at home right now.

Are you getting a single warning beep when all the lights light up?
If you are then chances are you have a loose connection somewhere on the power lead or the ground to the gauge .
What it sounds like is that the gauge is re-booting. That is the only time all of the lights will come on.

Pappy said:
Are you getting a single warning beep when all the lights light up?
If you are then chances are you have a loose connection somewhere on the power lead or the ground to the gauge .
What it sounds like is that the gauge is re-booting. That is the only time all of the lights will come on.
Thats almost exactly what happens. Repeatedly. There was nothing under the console that appears loose. If it ever stops raining, ill check the motor side.

Latest posts