'87 Evinrude 25hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SF Flats Fisher

Reaction score
I've got a 87 Evinrude "E25ECUA" Electric start, electric primer, remote control.

I've been having a dead miss at idle and an inability to go past 1/4 throttle when in gear and in the water. When out of gear with no load on the motor, it will rev as high as I want it to.

So far I've rebuilt the carb, new spark plugs, NGK BUHW-2s, which is a Champion QL77JC4 replacement, tested the coils and stator and they fall within spec. Tested spark with a gap tester, both cylinders will jump a 1/2" gap with a nice white/blue spark.

I've noticed when I run the boat to try and tune it, when I pull the top spark plug out to inspect, it is always clean, as if it is not firing, or getting fuel at all. I also have an excess amount of unburnt fuel mix leaking out of the prop/exhaust. Bottom cylinder spark plug comes out the normal 2-stroke wet. I'm unsure of what else it may be. 110 psi compression when warm on both cylinders.

Thanks,
Adam.

Latest posts