Suzuki Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsouce411

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2001 Suzuki 15hp four stroke from a local marina. Electric start, tiller, short shaft. I really don't know a whole lot about Suzuki motors having only owned Yamaha and Johnsons. Are these any good? I saw the motor listed today and have yet to see pictures of it.

Price is $595. Providing it's in good shape cosmetically and runs well, is this a fair price? Are these motors known to be reliable? Any and all feedback would be great!

Ideally I'd like to move up to a 20hp but the price is right on this. I currently have a 2 stroke Johnson from the same year. Also electric start. It's a strong runner, but I'd like to repower with a 4 stroke for a couple reasons (quiet running, no mixing gas, etc). A quick google search shows the Suzuki is only about 20lbs heavier than the Johnson so that's good.

Thanks!

I had a tracker tadpole 14 foot. With a Suzuki 15 horse power. Bought it in 1983 sold it to a buddy of mine in 1999 and it is still running today. They are extremely good motors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorglenn said:
They are extremely good motors

Ive had two and they are super smooth, well engineered and very reliable. Also great on gas. I also have a VStrom DL650 and it is the exact same thing.

... only knock I ever heard on Suzuki motors is that there aren't as many dealers locally as other OB makes. That said I had the big DF250s spinning the 16" diameter props on my toona boat and it was flawless!

Latest posts