WHAT DOES the "B" MEAN in JOHNSON MODEL # QD-17B??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

I've been AWOL from the forum for quite a while (My "sister of the heart" & housemate passed away Christmas Eve after a long illness/final hospital stay.), but I'd like to KNOW what the "B" indicates in the 10HP Johnson model number, "QD-17B".
(I found the 10-horse Johnson in a barn, looking "unloved" though compete.)

yours, satx

No way to go back that far and tell you. As I said. When ordering parts always have the model number for any engine with you Suffix letters are on many engines, from that era up through current production. If a part you need happens to have been one affected by a change the parts person will ask you if you have a "B" (in this case) in your model number. Did you get my message on who owns that boat you were looking at?

Pappy,

Pardon me for asking: WHICH message do you mean, as you've posted more than one comment to the thread on my "found out in a pasture" hull??

yours, satx

Pappy,

Very likely (unless her mother throws a huge "HISSY FIT", which she is prone to do for reasons big & small), the little boat will be named "MISS SLINKY", which was my late "sister of the heart's" high school nickname.

yours, satx