Trim Options 1975 Evinrude 70

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flex

Reaction score
Hey guys, finishing up my rebuild of my old boat. I have a 1975 70hp Evinrude. With not trim but on a Jack plate. I had been thinking of just adding CMC trim when I find a local used deal some day.

Was just reading and noticed its an additional 6 inch set back. That would put me at 10" set back. And would require new steering cable. So now I'm thinking I'm better off just finding a stock unit.

My question is can somebody tell me what years and model tilt trim are compatible? And also if I can just wire tilt trim to a separate switch since my controls don't have it?

3b3735ce1516f13419e6110bebbb835c.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I have a CMC trim and I had to add washers between the bolts and the hull because the rivets held it out away from making contact to the transom, I used 3m 5200 to seal the washers to the transom and the steering worked fine with the bar that connects to the cable. Also you might not need a jack-plate too you can mount the motor higher if needed. it has other holes to I guess attach different motor types not sure, but it seem like I read you could mount it higher if you had a long shaft motor.

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 298