Honda 9.9 Prop Recommendations

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhelms

Reaction score
Appreciate any feedback.

I have a 15' gregor H-51 / 66" beam V bottom (about 200ish lbs). I will be putting a 2004 9.9 honda four stroke on the boat. Motor has an se sport 200 foil and stock prop. I am limited to 9.9 as our lakes are either electric only or 10hp limited.

I hear a lot about how different props can really help with overall performance. Running the prop calculator for expected weight and setup on this site, I get the following recommendations:
- 9x9 Turning Point Hustler aluminum 3 blade
- 9x10 Turning Point Hustler aluminum 3 blade

I am seeing conflicting info on the stock 3 blade prop size and pitch - will have to see it I guess.

I do not expect a fast motor by any-means. But if I could get it to plane at maybe 10mph or squeek out a little extra speed, that would be nice.

Gear will be light. Fuel, battery, minor interior trim, poles and tackle. Generally 2-3 adults.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't see you having a problem getting on plane as long as you have the right prop. I'd find out what the engine came with stock and go with that. 10 MPH is click by in a heart beat with a light load, I'd expect more like 15-17 IMO.