Please watch this video and give me your thoughts!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrh99

Reaction score
So...9.9 Johnson 2 stroke. Just pulled it out of the garage for the first time this year. Electric start not engaging, but Jesus I really hope that this is due to the fact that my starting battery was almost dead, but wanted some opinions. Thanks for any input guys!

https://youtu.be/5GW82uMV92c

Maybe clean and lube what I know as the bendix drive and charge the battery.

It's definitely not engaging the flywheel I think your starter is bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it turning backwards? Looks like it is going down instead of up.

I'm an idiot, I had it backwards.... Fully charged the battery, switched the wires, and it fired in under 3 seconds.... Running with about a 1/2 gallon of fresh gas with a little sea foam in to clean it out. New impeller on the way. Will be on the water on about 2 weeks!

Sometimes the charging system can be compromised by reverse polarity. My 15 is pull start so I don't know if there is a fuse or not on yours. Just be prepared to have a non charging battery...maybe.

Sinkingfast said:
Sometimes the charging system can be compromised by reverse polarity. My 15 is pull start so I don't know if there is a fuse or not on yours. Just be prepared to have a non charging battery...maybe.
I think you may be right. The diodes usually go bap when you connect it backwards. Take a meter and see if it is charging.

I did fry a wire coming off the harness, red. It was a simple fix, took about 5 min. Motor is running great, but I have no idea if it's putting out a charge. I've never depended on it charging since I'm on small no wake lakes, but I'll put a meter on it to check.

Yeah, here is a pic from a website, this is exactly what mine looks like, the red wire burned and I was able to splice in a new one

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 764

Latest posts