anyone know where this ground wire attaches?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc1976

Reaction score
Its a little tough to see in the photo, but where does this attach? Im thinking maybe one of the engine cover mounts? Or maybe one of the coil pack mounting bolts? its the 85 johnson 15 horse.

67OpDo8.jpg

its the small one attached to the bottom of the bypass cover under the starter.

It really doesn't matter where, only that you get a good, solid Ground connection. There aren't too many places where that lead can reach, right? Just find place, free of paint, and ground it. What about those 2 threaded hold on the side of the head in the picture?

CMOS

My guess would be that lower threaded hole since it has no paint on the surface.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

It will go to the rubber motor mount boss there on the head right there by the wire in your pict.

Attachments

• 20170419_170257.jpg
    20170419_170257.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 638
Sorry the pict is upside down. Crappy phone camera, no operator error on my part. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

thanks for the replies, I figured it went on the bushing. The P.O. must have had the powerhead off to replace the bushing cause they are brand new, but forgot to replace the washers and nut on that bushing as well as the wire so.......on with fixing someone else's F*** ups.
thanks guys

Latest posts