Anyone tried Bobs Clamp-on motor tilt and trim

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elrodphil

Reaction score
Anyone got any words of wisdom on this product? My boat is a for a short shaft...would it be too heavy?

They make good stuff. Maybe the best. If you like your boat and run shallow water you could spring for the one that has tilt and trim along with a built in jack plate. I've been drooling over one for years hoping for a sale or something. My new boat has a 48 spl without trim. We will see what I get out of the old boat first and how it runs without it. Sure would be nice to jack it straight up in the slow shallows vs trim that drives the rear of the boat down.
https://www.bobsmachine.com/Versa-Tilt-Jac-A-Unique-tilt-jack-plate-combo-unit-100-106018.htm

Sorry I posed the link for hydrolic trim with a manual jack plate. The one that also has both hydrolic tilt and jack is a bit more. https://www.bobsmachine.com/Tilt-Jac-A-Unique-tilt-jack-plate-combo-unit-100-106016.htm

Enter in promo code BBC for 5% discount.

$2,000.00 wow! I've owned boats that didn't cost that much.

I added a CMC T&T onto a 14 ft. Carolina Skiff a long time ago. That was around $500.00 but, of course, it didn't have the jackplate. I thought it was a lot to spend, but enjoyed the boat a lot more after the CMC was mounted.

richg99

richg99 said:
$2,000.00 wow! I've owned boats that didn't cost that much.

I added a CMC T&T onto a 14 ft. Carolina Skiff a long time ago. That was around $500.00 but, of course, it didn't have the jackplate. I thought it was a lot to spend, but enjoyed the boat a lot more after the CMC was mounted.

richg99

I put factory trim on my old 16' Bayrunner but really only used it to pull up on the beach or to trailer it. Just sold it today! New boat is an 18' Valvo Bayrunner with a 48 SCL. It has a hydrolic lift assist that woks better than I thought it would but I still need/want that 2000 jacker trim. If I love this Bayrunner as much as I loved the old one I may just buy it. We can't take it with us Rich.

Latest posts