1976 Johnson 55Hp Seahorse 55EL76E Wiring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcn

Reaction score
I picked up an older Blue Fin with a 55hp Johnson (55EL76E) formpretty darn cheap. Everything appears to be in great condition especially after sitting outside for 3+ years. I've got the motor to turn over (sounds healthy), but it won't start. I am going to rebuild the carbs because that's a must after sitting for so long and I want reliability in the long run. However, I noticed 2 wires that are disconnected that both have nut wear marks which looks like they were attached to comething but are now just laying in the engine compartment. Take a look at the pics and let me know what you guys think.
The first one if the black wire just above the red wire. And the second is the greasy white (red at the end) wire.

Attachments

• IMG_3147.JPG
    IMG_3147.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 603
Photos posted in wrong order. 1st is white greasy wire with red tip and second is the black wire just above the red wire. Thanks in advance.

White greasy wire looks to be battery positive cable the black is battery ground

94 xlt 5speed 3.0v6

Is it designed for 2 batteries then? Because it turns over just fine using the electric start.

Latest posts