Wish Me Luck . . . New old stock 2015 Suzuki DF30ATL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT

Reaction score
After a few years of shopping, decided to gamble on a new 2015 motor out of Singapore.
Will keep you posted on how it goes . . . at $2880 delivered and using the clout of VISA, we'll see.
Zeroed in on this model because it was the largest electric-start, trim and tilt, fuel injected model I could get with recoil backup.
Did check with the closest dealer @200 miles away and he claims he will factory warranty any Suzuki no matter where it is purchased.

Attachments

• 2015 Suzuki DF30ATL.jpg
    2015 Suzuki DF30ATL.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,279
Yes, 489cc at 158#
The upper limit of the Suzuki portables small displacement 3-cyl

How bad will customs hit you on that? Don't forget you will have to deal with them.

Not really my problem, that's between:

FedEx
Relax, it's FedEx . . .
The world on time . . .
When it absolutely, positively has to get there overnight

VISA
Life takes Visa . . .
Everywhere you want to be

:D

so curiosity got me. i had to look it up. this is what i found:
https://www.dhl.com/en/express/customs_support/duties_taxes/duties_taxes_receivers.html
https://www.fedex.com/ca_english/services/international/customsforms/deterdutiestax.html

When and if it hits my doorstep I'll let you know.
You're in good hands with VISA!

PATRIOT said:
When and if it hits my doorstep I'll let you know.
You're in good hands with VISA!
Anytime I ordered anything from overseas that was a larger ticket item no matter how I paid for it I was still responsible for duty tax at customs. It wasn't on the shipper or the card. Most of the time it would be attached COD by the shipper.

I ordered a huge chipper shredder for the back of a tractor from China. I used a importer service out of Canada and had it dropped off at a truck depot near the train tracks. Scary to pay up front but It was really easy. Got a Montesa Trials bike delivered a similar way. The trucking and shippers were as easy to deal with as anybody. I think you will be happy. Getting a good deal always make them run better for some reason.

Doesn't look good for delivery . . . the website I ordered thru has been blocked by my ISP . . . so I canceled my credit card . . . on to PLAN B.

Oh boy,you went through universal outboards,didn't you? I hope for your sake you didn't because they are a scam and fake sight.

Cumberlandwatersports.com is the only place I would order from if you want a great legit deal and your outboard in 2 days at your front door.

Actually I went thru OUTBOARDSG.COM
Cumberland has take-it-or-leave-it pricing and that takes some of the fun out of it.

I get all my outboards from them and if you call them they will give u a better deal. My 2017 20hp suzuki was $2770 and I paid $2400 shipped to my door. They are the best hands down imo.

Latest posts