Is there a FICHT doctor in the house????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbweimar

Reaction score
I have a pair of 98 model 115 FICHTs model number E115FSLECS. (These are on my Mako 231, not a tinny). My starboard engine when started will rev out of control. It will go all the way to the rev limiter if you let it, and I've only let it get there once.

My initial inspection found the shift cables and all linkages operating normally. I tested the TPS, and per the service manual is operating within spec. I also checked the vent line on top of the VST to look for fuel going into the intake. No trace of fuel found. My last inspection was the lift pump on the fuel filter assembly. The diaphragm seems to be in tact, and that's about all I know to look for on the pump itself.

There doesn't seem to be much info out there on the early FICHT engines, so this is sort of a last ditch effort to seek info. I know it's a long shot, but I was hoping someone here may be, or once was an Evinrude tech. If anyone has any advice to offer the troubleshoot this uncontrollable revving symptom, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Doubt you'll find the answer here. Try here: https://www.evinrudeoutboardforum.com

If you see posts by 'Rowdy', his word is gospel.

Hmmmm, also try www.boatsetup.com, just saw this:

Try this website for info regarding fichts. www.boatsetup.com The online tech called Rowdy will let you know everything you need to know about Fichts and their history.

Throttle cable adjustment or yanking too tight. Could change when you turn. If not swap tps sensors between the two engines.