Clinton outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kooldecker

Reaction score
Hey guys, want to pick a brain or 2 about a clinton k-900 9hp outboard. Not sure of year. Has rainbow on hood cowling. It looks to be solid. And just hasnt been run in a while. Guy wants 100 bucks for it. Is it worth it? Or is this more than likely going to be a nightmare. I personaly never heard of them. (But that means nothing at all!) Lol. Any help would be so appreciated. Like can i get parts for them? Or is it buying a decorative pc i wont be able to fix. Thanks for looking guys, and as always be safe out there!

Imho no. Parts are hard to find and pricey.
Better to find a johnson or evinrude. Easy to work on cheap parts.
Then again if it runs? What do u expect for 100 bucks.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Uh, lemmesee here...

Working with an old memory, seems to me that the 1.5 horse Clinton I got with my first boat in this century, was made by a company that started out making chain saws up in Canada.

Mine ran a bit ragged, but I found a "guy" who worked on marine engines and left it with him. When he got around to it, he found the carb float was saturated and jerry-rigged a replacement. The fuel line was just a rubber hose from the tank stuck on a nipple, but when I got it back, the little thang ran like a champ. I'd moved on to my current obsession with OMC 3 hp motors, but told the guy I sold it to that I'd refund his money if he had a problem with it during the next two months of the summer.

Never heard back from him.

It was a little loud and looked vintage, but worked like a charm for the time I had it.

One hundred bucks? Your choice.