No water pumping 84 evinrude 20 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genno

Reaction score
I've got a problem with my 84 evinrude 20 hp I recently purchased. had it all apart today and still can't figure it out no water is making it to the manifold. I had the impeller out it looks fine, maybe the impeller is backwards only thing I can think of. I reinstalled it counterclockwise. If anyone has any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take off the lower. Run a hose with a .25 inch adapter on the water pipe in the midsection.
My guess is the rubber seal under the powered has swelled shut. Seen this a few times.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

dkonrai said:
Take off the lower. Run a hose with a .25 inch adapter on the water pipe in the midsection.
My guess is the rubber seal under the powered has swelled shut. Seen this a few times.

ok thanks I'll try that tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkonrai said:

I bet that is what is going on. Those water tube gromets will completely seal shut in some cases.

Latest posts