Fuel pump kit or carb

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
I'm thinking fuel pump kit but could it be a carb Issue?
I changed the Fuel bulb and almost positive my tank is okay , plus I ran it with the cap open but I have to squeeze the bulb or my outboard will die.
Probably should check the outboard filter as well....
Thought?

Zum said:
I'm thinking fuel pump kit but could it be a carb Issue?
I changed the Fuel bulb and almost positive my tank is okay , plus I ran it with the cap open but I have to squeeze the bulb or my outboard will die.
Probably should check the outboard filter as well....
Thought?
Try and raise the fuel source above the motor. If it runs and doesnt die then its the fuel pump. If no changes, like it still dies, then carb.
Maigjt be fuel connectors too..mayne get some clear fuel hose and watch for bubbles in the file system.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

If the engine runs normally with the bulb being squeezed then you need to service or replace the fuel pump. By squeezing the bulb you are taking the place of the fuel pump. Engine should run for a little while at idle or less as throttle is added then when the engine starts dying the bulb should revive it and keep it going. If this is the case that is what is going on.
No need to raise the tank or do anything with it.

Thanks for the quick replies...fuel pump kit it is....plus check my connections a little better.

Have to get a little generator for the shed, working on small stuff with a flashlight can get frustrating.
Think it went okay, probably could of cleaned the old gaskets off better...will see.
Wish I had some fuel hose around, should of done them as well.

Latest posts