Merc/Mariner Shallow Water Bracket Bolt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eview326

Reaction score
Does anyone know a source to get the bolt that hold the motor up when lifted for shallow water? Motor is a '97 Mariner 25. The bolt fell out this summer when lifting it up one day to put back in normal down position. I think the tapped hole is ok. Would Lowes/HD be ok to source one? IMG_3130.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my memory serves me correct that is a shoulder bolt. It has a big collar on it and a small stem where it goes into the motor itself. A standard bolt won't work. You could make it by buying the correct size bolt to fit the motor then using a washer and a piece of round stock to fit in the bracket it sets in to lock. Cut the round stock the correct thickness and then use removable thread locker on the threads on the bolt so it won't come loose.

nccatfisher said:
If my memory serves me correct that is a shoulder bolt. It has a big collar on it and a small stem where it goes into the motor itself. A standard bolt won't work. You could make it by buying the correct size bolt to fit the motor then using a washer and a piece of round stock to fit in the bracket it sets in to lock. Cut the round stock the correct thickness and then use removable thread locker on the threads on the bolt so it won't come loose.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts