Price estimate on used outboard???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I'm asking for a friend...........

Question what would you pay for a 1985 Johnson outboard 8.0 engine or 2012 Mercury 5 horse with 12 hours on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably can look up the Merc on NADA since it's newer. An '85 8hp Johnson could run $300 to $625 or so depending on condition.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PS- very important the trim bracket works properly for both shallow angle running and holding the lower end up out of the water. Suggest he gets someone to check them out mechanically. Good Luck.

onthewatersx3 said:
You probably can look up the Merc on NADA since it's newer. An '85 8hp Johnson could run $300 to $625 or so depending on condition.

Agreed on the Johnson. Closer to the higher range for a nice looking motor that is ready to go. I'm shopping the MD PA DE market every day, and good deals come up on CL often if he can be patient (not so many this time of year). A fresh water only, perfect running, low hour, and nice looking 1982 Merc 7.5 will be coming out on CL for $575, mine.