Hydraulic ram tilt?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/3xNkF4IYJOY
Anyone here try this, manual hydraulic ram tilt, they use it on them red Bull dinghy boats.

It would work ok at static (not running) but those cylinders are one way, they gravity feed down, don't think it would work well at all for trim under way. Plus that disables your motor lock, if you hit something she is coming up rather abruptly. Or if you shower down on it in reverse it most likely is coming up also. If the cylinder was attached to the motor that would stop the motor flying up as bad.

Looks like they use them as a 2 position tilt....optimum height(up)for straight aways and speed, down for cornering in the rivers, keeping the bow down,the prop will bring it down. You tube dinghy racing in Australia, to see the used in action.
As far as the motor flying up when underway, that's what I want....I always leave me motor unlocked when underway. In that video you can see that buddy is still using the pin to lock the motor if you want though...for like reverse.

Zum said:
Looks like they use them as a 2 position tilt....optimum height(up)for straight aways and speed, down for cornering in the rivers, keeping the bow down,the prop will bring it down. You tube dinghy racing in Australia, to see the used in action.
As far as the motor flying up when underway, that's what I want....I always leave me motor unlocked when underway. In that video you can see that buddy is still using the pin to lock the motor if you want though...for like reverse.
I am not talking about the motor trim position pin I am talking about the lock position tab. You cannot lift my motor unless it is in the unlocked position you would have to run it that way all the time to use the cylinder as a "power trim" unit.

Latest posts