50hp merc leaks fuel.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

botchco

Reaction score
hello people, I have a 1986 50 hp 2 stroke and when i'm trailing it or if I'm in the water and take the motor up it seems to leak fuel. when its on the trailer and I get home and I put the motor down fuel leaks striaght down and spills all over the driveway. when its in the water and I tilt it all the way up it leaks into my transom splash board area. this is a manual trim so I cant leave it half way up while in the water. I'm just wondering has anyone come across this before.

Check all your connections to be sure they aren't leaking, but some fuel drips are normal. When you tip the motor up the fuel in the float bowl will run out the intake into the cowling. When you put the motor back straight that fuel will run down the motor.

Shaugh said:
Check all your connections to be sure they aren't leaking, but some fuel drips are normal. When you tip the motor up the fuel in the float bowl will run out the intake into the cowling. When you put the motor back straight that fuel will run down the motor.

Really #-o

Latest posts