18hp Nissan 4 Stroke Value

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGiggles

Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on CL for the past couple months hoping to find a good deal on a motor upgrade for my Alumacraft F7.

There's been an 18hp Nissan 4 stroke short shaft with electric start listed for almost 3 weeks now. The owner is asking 1000 and will not budge. It's really perfect for my boat being short shaft, and I would like electric start. It looks really clean and is supposed to run well.

What I'm wondering is how good of a deal that is. If it's only so-so, I'd rather save the money and wait until spring to upgrade. If it's a good deal I could probably scrape up enough to buy it.

There is also a titling issue, the motor is in a neighboring state that doesn't title outboards, my state does and requires registration. The seller says all I need a signed bill of sale. Thoughts?

What do you guys think about the price?

See what a dealer wants for about the identical motor.
https://www.smalloutboards.com/n18.htm

MrGiggles said:
I've been keeping an eye on CL for the past couple months hoping to find a good deal on a motor upgrade for my Alumacraft F7.

There's been an 18hp Nissan 4 stroke short shaft with electric start listed for almost 3 weeks now. The owner is asking 1000 and will not budge. It's really perfect for my boat being short shaft, and I would like electric start. It looks really clean and is supposed to run well.

What I'm wondering is how good of a deal that is. If it's only so-so, I'd rather save the money and wait until spring to upgrade. If it's a good deal I could probably scrape up enough to buy it.

There is also a titling issue, the motor is in a neighboring state that doesn't title outboards, my state does and requires registration. The seller says all I need a signed bill of sale. Thoughts?

What do you guys think about the price?

Fro what I know of the market 1K isn't a bad number. Give the owner a deposit and have him go with you on a run with your boat, see how you like her and how well it pushes your boat, if all is good, give the man the 1K and be a happy camper. You don't list the year of the motor but I see 6-8 HP engines going for $800 so for an added 10 HP your only spending an extra $200, I'd take it.