Evinrude VRO System

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalninm

Reaction score
Have 1989 Evinrude Tracker 50hp with the VRO system. When I bought it the previous owner had disconnected the oil reserve and just premixed the oil and gas. I am fine with this however he left all the wires from the oil reserve still connected to the motor. As I'm rebuilding the boat I need to get rid of this oil reserve to make more room in the bilge area. Anyone done this before, I don't want to screw with the motor by taking away the oil reserve even if it isn't doing anything. I don't know what the consequences would be for me just cutting the wires from the oil reserve.
Thanks

You don't have to "cut" the wires. From the oil reservoir there is a two-wire harness that has a connector, usually stuffed near the bottom of the port side motor pan. Simply disconnect it. There is also a wire connector that is probably already disconnected from the VRO itself. If not, disconnect this as well. Remove your reservoir and oil line. Plug the oil inlet line with the yellow plug that is probably still attached to one of your fuel or oil line or however you want to do it. You're done.
The VRO pump itself is an excellent stand alone fuel pump.

Perfect thanks!!
You know I was talking to my bud up here who has an Evinrude 150hp with a VRO. He said why don't you just Google it there are a ton of things out there on that. Sometimes I get caught up in one mode of information I forget about places like Youtube and Google :oops:
But I appreciate the reply for sure! I'll probably be doing this tonight as it's gotta go!

Pappy said:

The VRO pump itself is an excellent stand alone fuel pump.
Are you inferring that the VRO pump can be used instead of the engine mounted fuel pump?