2011 Tohatsu 40 TLDI

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kustrud

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got back into another boat and the motor is a TLDI 40 - 2011 year model. Everything checks out but needs a new tilt/trim motor. Part number below. I have found the Tohatsu part number and I know there are several of these that cross-reference over the brands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a cheapo unit to order and try out? Tohatsu brand on boats.net is $500. I have found a few for $100-$200 but am unsure of which one to buy. Let me know!

Tohatsu part number - 3Z5-77180-0

I have another question too as this is my first motor with electric tilt/trim built in. When and why would I use the hydraulic relief valve (big flat head screw under TT motor) on this thing?

Kustrud said:
I have another question too as this is my first motor with electric tilt/trim built in. When and why would I use the hydraulic relief valve (big flat head screw under TT motor) on this thing?

That is for when the Tilt and Trim motor goes out (like yours just did) and you cannot get the engine back down into the water! :D
Back off the relief valve and the engine drops back down into the run position.

Can't help you with the other part of it though.