Which 30 horse?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 30hp tiller motor, and would like to see what everyone's opinions were. Weight and price are the biggest things I'm looking at but I'm open to any suggestions. As long as its injected and short shaft.

When someone asks me if they should buy a Stihl or Husqvarna chainsaw, I tell them to buy whichever one has the best dealer in your area. Same holds true for outboards. Hopefully whatever motor you get will be bolted to your transom and work perfectly indefinitely. However if you do require service, a dealer with a good name who you like, will be worth more than that $200 you drove 3 hours to save and/or that 10lbs of weight. For me it would be tohatsu, there is a dealer with a good rep within 10 miles of my house. Or evinrude same reputation and distance is close enough. Good luck with your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning, I am new to this site.

A short story please; I bought a one year old G3 1548DK some 7 years ago (Arkansas so no salt water). Nice boat and nice F25 Yamaha outboard. Bad thing happened; while running the engine in preparation for my river fishing I had water coming out of a corrosion hole on the left side. Took to my local dealer and wow, a ruined block. (This motor was cared for, winterized each year!) NO MORE Yamaha here!

I purchased an Evinrude E30DGTL for my boat. Reason, longest warranty, comparable price. I hope for a longer life from this product...thanks

jamesn said:
Good morning, I am new to this site.

A short story please; I bought a one year old G3 1548DK some 7 years ago (Arkansas so no salt water). Nice boat and nice F25 Yamaha outboard. Bad thing happened; while running the engine in preparation for my river fishing I had water coming out of a corrosion hole on the left side. Took to my local dealer and wow, a ruined block. (This motor was cared for, winterized each year!) NO MORE Yamaha here!

I purchased an Evinrude E30DGTL for my boat. Reason, longest warranty, comparable price. I hope for a longer life from this product...thanks
Didn't the Yamaha have a war on it? I've got an 05' F115 and run her exclusively in the salt, rinse after each use and have no issue with corrosion.

I can't say there is a bad product on the market today as the 1st response stated, go with best repair/dealership in your area and you can't go wrong. (IMO)

just sold my 2012 30 hp efi tohatsu.51/2 yrs of use,185 hrs. ptt. great motor.pushed my 1648 27 mph. used so little gas i got a 3 gallon tank. changed plugs and impeeler after 4 yrs. highly reccommend

hello Crazyhorse...no warranty on the Yamaha, too old. I can only imagine a weak water jacket..?? once weather calms down here plan on my first trip..thanks..jamesn