Adding a trim button to a tiller handle?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
I just picked up a powrtran tilt unit (kinda like a cmc). It has a giant dual button for the controls. Is there a way I can modify my tiller to change the throttle with one that has the thumb control for the trim?

Motor is a 2000 Yamaha 25 four stroke.

Blake said:
I just picked up a powrtran tilt unit (kinda like a cmc). It has a giant dual button for the controls. Is there a way I can modify my tiller to change the throttle with one that has the thumb control for the trim?

Motor is a 2000 Yamaha 25 four stroke.
I have done mine this way, pretty much straight forward as he said. You just have to trace out the wires to the relays which is NBD if you have a meter or test light.

https://www.arkansashunting.net/threads/yamaha-tiller-trim-switch-instructions.189761/

I can’t remember exactly which one I purchased. I believe it was off of an evinrude. I bought the trim switch tiller mount, and switch/wiring harness assy. I couldn’t do it the way it is outlined by the previous post, so I just taped it to the end. Ran the wires external and into the cowling. Works like a charm!

Eventually the electrical tape starting working its way behind the mount, so i removed it and used small pieces of aluminum wire ran horizontally on the tiller throttle handle and tilt switch mount, then taped that together. They act as a splint. Call it what you want, but it works! Lol

My handle grip is not hollow, the aluminum roller portion goes all the way to the end of the grip.

Attachments

• B5CDD250-EC6A-4736-AF24-B5DE526632D9.jpeg
    B5CDD250-EC6A-4736-AF24-B5DE526632D9.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 751

Latest posts