My Motor stand. What are you using?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weldorthemagnificent

Reaction score
d898cbd89ee4353d1a8f8f8d0a505d5e.jpg
d3fdc91326b3a16c5614085ba6d657ea.jpg

Just though I’d share my motor stand with you guys. It’s a small skid with casters and a frame I built out of stuff I had leftover in the garage. I can use it for service as there is enough room to put a garbage can on it to fill with water and run motors. Works great for winter storage not only for the motor but batteries, fuel tank, trolling motor etc...
If you have something slick, feel free to share it here.
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have built a few. I like to angle the "transom" back to get the engine to sit vertical. Also usually build a folding work stand in front for small parts.

This one was built for a 185# 4-cylinder opposed engine. Evinrude "BigFour. 60 cu.in. 50hp. direct drive.

Okay, I'll play. Those are some pretty neat designs up above, and when I get around to it I'll probably copy aspects of them all...especially the portability. Since those are the neat ones, now I'll show you the other end of the spectrum. I was anxious to get working on the motor so just threw some stuff together out of what I had. The first one started life as a yard swing then morphed into a archery target holder, but with the addition of a 2X6 it became an engine run stand. The second one used to be a tall chair...I call it my maintenance stand for when I'm working on the motor in the garage. Doesn't take up a lot of space, but alas, I don't have a can or anything that fits under it for a water barrel. Pretty red-necked but they work.

Attachments

• Outboard maintenance stand..jpg
    Outboard maintenance stand..jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,448
  • Outboard run stand.jpg
    Outboard run stand.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,448
I will get a better pic of this one (if anyone is interested) but you can get an idea anyway.
This stand came from my Uncle Dusty. It was his walker, on wheels, and before he passed I told him what I was going to do with it..
Very simple to do, folds up, and works very well for smaller engines. That is a little 1 1/4hp Elgin air cooled 2-stroke on the stand.

I've made a couple of versions of these pallet racks. I've got two that will hold two motors each, and this one that can hold up to four 70hp's. I move them around with a pallet jack, or our tractor if i need to move them out to the shed in the winter.

20151114_095635.jpg
20151114_095649.jpg
20151114_095641.jpg
20151121_111606.jpg

Here's mine

Attachments

• outboard holder 1.jpg
    outboard holder 1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,328

Latest posts