Mercury 9.8 plug wires

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seagoat

Reaction score
Hello all, new too the forum and have a few novice questions.

I recently bought a 12 sea nymph, and found a 1984 mercury 9.8 outboard. It was a little rough but after some fogging and a deep seafoam treatment it clean out; then new plugs it runs pretty good but I have a slight hesitation every once and a while and yesterday I was running it in the barrel and touch the plug wire and got a huge shock! I was holding the throttle and felt the current run through me and back through the tiller Handel! Lol so like any wise man I tried it again to see if would get me...sure enough shock again...cracks in the wires!

For some reason I can’t get the parts locally and all the googling has left me less than confident on buying online. All the wires iv found that say fit don’t look like mine. Amazon has the right set but no longer has them in stock and no expectations on getting more.

If anyone has a part number for my wire set that would be very appreciated thank you.

Dan-

If it's the same as most, 7mm copper core wire will work. You can get it at some automotive retailers.

Latest posts