Where do you have your tiny tach mounted?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
I bought a tiny tach for my motor so I can watch the RPMs while I try to find a prop thats right for it.

The wire on it to wrap about the spark plug wire isn't very long.

Where did you mount yours? The one I got is water resistant, I was thinking about double sided taping it to the motor cover on the outside?

Attached mine to the carrying "handle" on a 30hp.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I wish one would make a tach with a max rpm display that would hold until cleared. Then I could just stuff it in the cowl and check it after a run.

I just had mine screwed to the lower fixed cowl..until its failure.

i have mounted all 3 with velcro right under the motor on the transom. my first 2 were on tillers and i could read them easily. my new one is on my CC and i have to turn around to read it. i used it to find my rpm sweetspot and now i use it for maintenance intervals i can stretch the cable out and read it while running if i have to.

My is screwed to the gunwale rib right beside my control box. I can see it easily when under way. I extended the wire several feet to get it up beside the control box and drivers seat. Easy to extend the wire so you can put it where you want.

Mine's mounted on a little aluminum bracket that I made. The bracket sandwiches between the swivel bracket and the tiller handle; on the old Yamaha there's a 2 bolt setup and that's where I put the bracket. Real easy, and looks factory installed.