new suzuki df30at no water pee

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyo3629

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

bought a brand new suzuki DF30AT 4 stroke. this morning made the initial engine start after installing it.
started right up, but no water peeing out.
was using muffs...plenty of water coming out around the muffs.ran for about 10 seconds.

i then placed the engine in a 30 gallon trash can and filled it to about 4" about the cavitation plate...again ran it it about 10 seconds....still
no water.

pulled off the side cover to make sure the hose was not kinked...it was ok.

am i missing something?
this is a brand new motor

HELP!!!

New motor? Ouch ...

I’d trace the pee port line back to its source & would remove it. Hopefully you will see water dripping out of the nipple where connected. Can you blow through that line?

Does that motor have a thermostat? Do you have any gasket compound goop? You could possibly leave t-stat port open possibly try running it in the barrel, but only for a few seconds ...

Some water pumps aren’t self priming. From what inhave learned in my research, it always best to test the water pump while the lower unit is removed. Stick the lower unit in a bucket or tank with water up to the water pump. Put a drill on the shaft and spin it. If water comes out of the hole you’re good. Then you know it’s a problem in the top of the engine which is normally a clogged line or bad Tstat, which is easy to diagnose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all the folks reading this that are trying to help.......
This subject has been covered numerous times with the same low water level being the culprit.
When testing an engine in a bucket or barrel the static water level has to be above the level of the water pump not the cavitation plate. Most pumps were never designed to lift water to prime themselves. Once primed they do well.
Always try to suggest the static water level be several inches above the pump.

Latest posts