Running a Kicker Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppine

Reaction score
I recently added an 8 hp Honda on the transom of my Jetcraft 19. I have using the portable gas tank in the compartment next to the engine, which places it at an angle. I have to pump the bulb a lot to maintain fuel pressure. Anyone else have a procedure for placing the fuel tank to avoid this issue? I am using a tiller handle extension which works pretty well. Is it worth going to a mechanical system to control the motor?

Your motor needs a fuel pump. The angle of the tank shouldn't matter as long as it's not sucking air and the vent is open.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

May or may not need a fuel pump. But if you are constantly having to pump up the bulb. You do have air getting into the system some where.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, you have an issue somewhere but it shouldn't matter where the tank is placed. A problem either with your fuel hose or in the fuel pump itself. I had the same issue with my 6 hp kicker and it turned out a small piece of metal, very small, had worked it's way into the fuel pump diaphragm.

Latest posts