1962 18hp Johnson seahorse

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcman

Reaction score
anybody knows what's this parts for?
I'm on the process of rebuilding this motor for winter projects.

Attachments

• 20181107_064914.jpg
    20181107_064914.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,041
I'm talking about those two looks like capacitor to me. never seen like that on other older motor I have.

Looks like some kind of a odd rectifiers. Never seen anything like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got curious and looked at a parts diagram. I got a dollar that says condenser (2 required).

Edit: Following this thread. I think I'm going to lose that buck! (not a surprise).

I'd wait for Pappy to be sure, but it's nothing stock that I've ever seen... maybe some kind of magneto conversion ? Pull the flywheel and show us what's going on under there......

Interesting.
One thing I can tell you is that they were installed at some point "down the road".
Possibly for RF control.
Do us a favor if you are so inclined and take a closer photo of them and the wiring and where the wiring comes from and goes. Just interested to know but these are nothing you need to keep on the engine.
Thanks!

I just replaced the coils and condenser those two are just series on the two small condenser. I think the other end goes to kill switch. I was thinking about sothing to do with the electric start. if I have a chance I will take more pictures.

Homemade power tilt to kick start tilt pump motor?

'98 Lund Explorer w/ 50hp Merc 4c (Yamaha) carburetored NO torque motor

Latest posts