Mercury 8hp to 9.9hp conversion?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatbottomman

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Mercury 8hp four stroke. I have read that I can change the carb's main nozzle, pilot jet, main jet, plug, and prop, and it will be the same as a 9.9hp. However, I have no idea what to order. Does anyone have any pointers? Is this possible? Any idea on the part numbers?

Also, I found that I could order this carburetor. It is the replacement carb for the 9.9hp. It does, though, look to be a non OEM model from China? Any experience with a carb from this manufacturer?

Check marine engine.com
For parts diagrams and see what the difference is between the 8 and 9.9.. if it has the same pistons and block etc. the carb may be different

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I did. Didn’t get much love. I know Tohatsu is the same as Mercury. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked marineengine.com and found that if it is the 209cc block it can be converted.. Seems like pistons and crank are the same for 8 to 9.9 and there are multiple part numbers for the carburator main jet and nozzle.
So if you go to the site with the serial number of your motor you should be able to find the parts

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk