1976 Sea King 6hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Givey1982

Reaction score
I am working on an old monkey wards Sea King. I replace the recoil and it cranked fine but no water so I replaced the impeller and now it pumps water great but I now have a lot of white smoke coming from it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Head gasket maybe? If it wasn't pumping water and didn't smoke, but now it pumps water and smokes. I'm guessing some of that water is finding its way into a cylinder. Maybe a leak down test would show where.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I would second the head gasket, probably a fairly small leak at this time since it isn't showing up in the running. Fairly easy fix.

Before I pull the head off and start on the gasket I pulled the plugs. They are moist and oily and don’t have a dry clean appearance. Would that help determine if it is the head gasket? I just don’t want to take the head off if that is not the problem and I can avoid it.

Thanks

Finally got a chance to get a video of it in the barrel. I had to replace the recoil spring first. Please let me know what you think the issue might be.

https://imgur.com/forum/images/EBx3xzL

Could carb setting cause this? I have not cleaned it at all yet. That is next on the list.
Thanks a lot

No sound when I watched the video.
When you get into an older project engine like this just go through all the systems and be done with it. It is only at that point that you know what has been done and in what condition everything is in. Makes it simple!

No sound for me either. Use YouTube for video and paste the link in your post. And yes, clean that carb before looking for something else.

Pappy said:
No sound when I watched the video.
When you get into an older project engine like this just go through all the systems and be done with it. It is only at that point that you know what has been done and in what condition everything is in. Makes it simple!

Thanks a lot
I did not see that it had no sound. Thanks for the advice. I will also use YouTube next time

Weldorthemagnificent said:
No sound for me either. Use YouTube for video and paste the link in your post. And yes, clean that carb before looking for something else.

Thanks for the advice. I will use YouTube next time also

Latest posts