Trolling Motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionhearted9

Reaction score
Good Morning, I just picked up a T47 Motorguide trolling motor used , and it has only high gear. Would anybody know if it’s worth fixing or leave the way it is? It’s going on a 16 ft Jon boat. I can’t find a manual on line or really too much about this unit. I think I read somewhere that the head can be turned for bow mount, but I don’t know. I paid 15 dollars for it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Lionhearted9 said:
Good Morning, I just picked up a T47 Motorguide trolling motor used , and it has only high gear. Would anybody know if it’s worth fixing or leave the way it is? It’s going on a 16 ft Jon boat. I can’t find a manual on line or really too much about this unit. I think I read somewhere that the head can be turned for bow mount, but I don’t know. I paid 15 dollars for it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Yes, it is fairly simple to turn the head around. As for "only having high gear" that most likely is the switch. You may flood it with contact cleaner and remedy it. If not here is the schematic and parts list. You can decide if it is worth repairing.

https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/motorguide-t47/