older 4 hp evinrude year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Redmond

Reaction score
Bought this motor yesterday,can quite figure the year,its a 4 hp evinrude with a seperate tank number on it is 4306C97186, has points on it rather than electronic

https://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1973&hp=4&model=4306C

Just bought a ‘75 2hp for $25. New impeller, replaced fuel line, cleaned the onboard tank (w/ acetone(, cleaned carb, cleaned/set points (removed flywheel using the ‘rope’ trick) and she started right up on the 2nd pull and runs perfectly!

CMOS said:
I really like old motor stories.....

CMOS :D

Me too. Very cool.

I note in the parts diagram for the gear case there are options for standard drive and weedless drive. Looks like the weedless drive has the prop angled down. I didn't even know something like that was ever offered as an option. Interesting.

LDUBS said:
CMOS said:
I really like old motor stories.....

CMOS :D

Me too. Very cool.

I note in the parts diagram for the gear case there are options for standard drive and weedless drive. Looks like the weedless drive has the prop angled down. I didn't even know something like that was ever offered as an option. Interesting.

Standard gearcase was a 90 degree gearcase.
Weedless gearcase was a 110 degree gearcase.
Propshaft angle in case you are wondering.

Latest posts