Acceptable level of gasoline vapor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29

Reaction score
I own a 2011 G3 1756SC. Since it's been garage kept now, I notice the smell of gasoline, strong when cargo hatches are opened. Is there an acceptable level of gas smell or should there no gasoline smell at all.
Thanks

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I would get it out of the garage until you repair the leak. Wipe all sides/ seams/ hose connections with a paper towel to find the leak, its weeping somewhere.

Fix it yes but is there a source of ignition in the confined space?

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Fix it yes but is there a source of ignition in the confined space?

Yep....every time the motor for the garage door runs!

Also a very good idea to disconnect the fuel line from any carbureted engine while the boat/engine is in a garage. If the needle and seat starts leaking in a hot garage the carburetor will free flow fuel. Keep this in mind. Have been pushing this every time I get a chance to.

A couple of clarifications:

1. No odor of gasoline in the garage.

2. Odor occurs only when cargo hatch lid open, dissapates quickly.

3. There was a small overspill on a hot day a few years ago. Cleaned with cat litter and Dawn detergent, some may have spilled into hull and I didn't clean it well.

4. I'm aware of gasoline vapor danger, ergo my post here.

5. Will take care to clean area best as possible.

The "odor" level, is about similar to standing next to a lawnmower. It's not like overwhelmingly strong, more like a suggestion.
Thanks for your advice and I WILL have it addressed.

Latest posts