Yamaha F70

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotodd

Reaction score
Thought you guys might enjoy this. Did a routine service on a 17 Yamaha F70 mounted on a crappie boat (1754). Interesting setup; works great for the guy who uses it. Anyway At one point I remember telling y'all how I loved the F70, how quiet and smooth it is. So here's the proof. The loudest part of it running is the pee water hitting the test tank's water surface. Little vibration that is seen on the water's surface. That is IT. Sweet little motor, inline 4 cylinder.

https://imgur.com/8X8NImw

My gosh it's barely even vibrating the water! My Mercury 150 is pretty smooth but holy cow, it's loud. When I fire it up on the water muffs it sounds like a drag race car! Maybe I'll do a video myself.

My uncle has a 50 Yammie 4S tiller on a 16' Lund Pro V. Sweet rig.

I remember him cranking it up. I saw the motor jump just a little and then nothing. I couldn't believe that the thing was running, amazingly quiet.

Would love to own one, but for what they cost I can keep my old Suzuki DT running for a long, long time.

Latest posts