90 HP Etec jet measured "at the prop"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keitht

Reaction score
Due to motor restriction on certain places to boat, many are restricted to "Horsepower measurements are the industry standard as measured at the propeller shaft." What would an Etec 90 HP jet measure? Where can I find this information?
Thanks !!

if it's a factory jet, it would be 90hp.

if it's a retrofitted jet pump, max would be 65hp on a 90hp head. the jet o/b usually are rated 90/65, 60/40, etc.

who knows with etec

it could be a 125/90 or it could be a 90/65 and they don't tell you it's actually only 65 hp.

I'd say call their customer service line but I'm not sure anyone would answer since brp announced the other day that they ain't building no more outboards. they are out of the outboard business.

turbotodd said:
who knows with etec

it could be a 125/90 or it could be a 90/65 and they don't tell you it's actually only 65 hp.

I'd say call their customer service line but I'm not sure anyone would answer since brp announced the other day that they ain't building no more outboards. they are out of the outboard business.

Evinrude wont be selling new outboards, but they will continue to honor warranties and service existing motors.

If it's raged 90hp, I would be really surprised if anyone gives you a hard time because the manufacturer measure HP somewhere else. I'd just accept that it was a 90hp motor and use it. If law enforcement complains, let them tell the judge how they calculated the HP.

maintenanceguy said:
If law enforcement complains, let them tell the judge how they calculated the HP.

Right, since your boat won't have a propeller shaft, they cannot measure or limit your horsepower :lol:

Latest posts