need help looking for parts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acamp08

Reaction score
i have a 1980s johnson 9.9 2 stroke model number j10rcse. i am looking to get a new motor cover for it. the old one is sun bleached and the stickers are getting old. the motor it self is still in great shape though. does anybody know where i can get a new motor cover so i can make her look nice again. i tried using google without much luck. thanks guys stay warm

I would try contacting your local Johnson/Evinrude dealer, I would think they could either get it for you, or point you in the right direction to find one.

That might be tough to come by.

They can probably steer you where to get the decals but I bet that cowling is not in production as a service part.

You may wind up having to do a little body and paint work then just install new decals.

Quackrstackr said:
That might be tough to come by.

They can probably steer you where to get the decals but I bet that cowling is not in production as a service part.

You may wind up having to do a little body and paint work then just install new decals.
You hit the nail on the head. Cowls are not a reproduction part, so the only chance you have is buy a used cowl. However, I rarely see them in good condition, as they are from parted out motors, and as durable as the 9.9 design, you don't see many of them, as they take extreme abuse to die.

Darryl from Iguanagrafix (board sponsor) does a GREAT job making motor decals. Iboats sells the motor paint, so you can repaint the whole motor (I bet your motor is faded - just doesn't look that way - compare it to new paint on the cowl, and you will notice. Getting a used cowl that was faded at the same rate as yours is sketchy as well).
https://www.iboats.com/MOELLER_ENGI...2492608--session_id.072080708--view_id.366931