Honda Outboards

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthielm

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any input on Honda 4 stroke outboards? I am looking at buying an outboard for my Tracker Grizzly 1654 and found a honda for sale. I haven't heard much good or bad about them.

Everyone I talk to likes them.They tell me they are more quite than conventional 2 strokes.The up keep isn't as bad as some people make out.

Honda is my favorite of all four strokes.

While I still view the Etec as the greatest outboard made for numerous reasons, the Honda 4 stroke has a lot going for it, as do almost all Honda products. A big downside, however, is cost. They are significantly higher than other 4 strokes. If you feel 4 stroke is the way to go, as opposed to 2 stroke, in your case, go for it. However, on smaller boats, I really can't see much need for a 4 stroke, especially with the heavier weight unless you do a lot of slow trolling with your outboard. Then, I would probably go with the Honda, as the Etec 25 - 30 horse motors haven't been out long enough.

Talked to a striper fisherman that had a Honda on his rig, and he said that he would never own another brand 4stroke. He had a 90 or 115 cant remember, but It pushed the tin rig nicely down Norris lake at a good clip!!

I told him about the site and he said he'd check it out!! I hope he posts up some pics of his boat rigged out...that thing was amazing!!!!

First off, I'm a die hard Yamaha 4-stroke fan. Honda would be a definite second. I filled in for a guide this weekend and ran his 24' Triton with a 225 4-stroke honda. It was so smooth and quiet, I had to keep looking behind me to make sure it was still running. You could hear the water pissing out the back louder than the engine itself. There are 100's of oilfield workboats, charter boats, and etc. at each dock down here and the put 100's of hours on these boats. 90% are running Yamaha, 8% Honda, and 2% other brands. The only negative i've heard from captains about Honda was that you were limited on dealers who could service them and the price of service (parts and labor).