What are these for?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

Reaction score
These are coming out of the back of my 703 Yamaha remote. What are these for?

Attachments

• DSCF2283.JPG
    DSCF2283.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 503
If I remember correctly, (I have a 703 control box in my shop that I stripped off an old boat) the key switch and kill switch, as well as choke are in the control box. Those are very likely those three (does that motor have electric choke, or does it do it mechanically?).

I assume it's a manual choke? There is a control cable that goes from the box to inside the motor and it controls my fast idle.

Here's a pic of the whole inside so maybe you can make some sense of how it's setup.

Attachments

• DSCF2284.JPG
    DSCF2284.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 501
There are two control cables hook to the posts on the bottom right of the housing. I have them disconnected in this picture.

You are going to have to start following wires. Go from each plug back, and see what it plugs into. If it goes to the key switch, it is obviously a starter wire and so on.

It's no big deal. I was hoping that one of those was for a tach or something. Everything runs fine without having those hooked up so I'll just leave well enough alone. :mrgreen: